Our Community Engagement
Giving back to our communities
Continuing our legacy of community support
Our teams don’t just work in communities, they become part of them.
As members of these communities, we are always keen to give back where we can. Many of our Community Engagement Initiatives existed before Green by Nature came to life, they were established by our founding organisations and we are proud to continue them.
Community engagement has always been important to us, and we know we are in a position to add value and help in impactful ways. Across each of our founding businesses, we regularly participate in our local communities through volunteering, sponsorships, donations and other forms of support.
Some of these initiatives include supporting local schools with horticulture education, sponsoring local sport teams and multiple indigenous engagement initiatives.
We have also supported national programs as well, such as Clean Up Australia Day, Tour de Cure, Act for Kids, and mental health organisations.
Learn about some of our key Community Engagement Initiatives below and please get in touch if you believe we could work together to support your community:
Blue Light New Zealand
- Blue Light helps deliver an extensive range of youth programmes and activities nationally, like life skills camps and employment, and has been doing so for over 35 years. We support this association in a variety of ways:
- We are a principal supporter of the ‘Not for Me Charitable Trust’
- Gold supporter of the ‘NZ Blue Light Youth Foundation’
- Since 2008, Recreational Services (now Green by Nature) donated 80,000+ drink bottles to schools, sports clubs & staff sports teams.
- Monthly involvement with community planting & beach clean up days.
- Ongoing support of our schools’ fundraisers events like golf days & school balls.
NRL School to Work Program Australia
NRL School to Work is a program focused on education and employment support for young Indigenous people. For many years, the program has helped support students transition from school to further study, training or meaningful employment with work experience, mentoring and leadership opportunities.
We proudly support NRL School to Work, providing employment opportunities directly through the program, helping to support educational events for students and engaging in fundraiser events.